Fan clutches for engine cooling systems
are robust, set automotive standards, assures fuel savings and accurate heat removal
Kendrion fan clutches provide efficient engine cooling in on and off-highway vehicles. Thanks to our processes, our two and three-speed fan clutches withstand rough conditions.
The fan clutch of the LINNIG brand switches the fan precisely and according to demand. This ensures efficient and performance-optimized engine cooling. In the second stage, our fan clutches are driven by eddy current and the fan runs at lower speed. If additional cooling is required, the 1:1 ratio is switched and the fan is driven at maximum speed. With the three-speed fan clutch, the fan is switched off during cold starts or at very low temperatures.
Advantages at a glance
- Efficiency = 100% in fully engaged condition, no losses.
- Supply of the max. cooling performance within a reaction time of 0.5 sec..
- Due to variable engine speeds, the system function turns out to be variable as well.
- Simple control and coordination with the engine management system.
- No structural change necessary compared to viscous clutches.
- Requires less thermal masses