Diesel engines run unevenly - especially in the lower speed range - causing high levels of vibration at the crankshaft. These vibrations are transmitted via the drive belts to the auxiliary units, such as the A/C compressor and the fan drive. The consequences are noise emissions, wear and fastening problems as well as increased energy consumption. This is where the Kendrion decoupler LDD comes in. It ensures smooth running in the engine compartment, while increasing the service life of the auxiliary units and improving energy balance! The LDD eliminates 99.5% as a decoupler and only 0.5% as a crankshaft damper.
In the future, the problem will increase even more with the use of mild hybrid systems. Thanks to its flexible installation, the torsional vibration decoupler can be used for a variety of arrangements in the engine compartment.
The Kendrion decoupling system enables a double effect on the crankshaft pulley, based on the following two elements:
- Permanent magnets effect a more progressive and smooth “decoupling” function when transmitting power in the operating range of the FEAD
- Special rubber dampers serve as a buffer to enable the full force transmission of maximum torque
- Different pulley diameters and belt profiles
- Increases the life time of all accessories and belts.
- Reduces high forces at start and stop.
- Reduces fuel consumption and CO2 by decreasing the belt tension.
- Plug and play: LDD replaces the existing pulley. No additional modifications required.
- Maintenance free.
- No self-heating, no losses
- Continuous belt tension during all driving conditions.
- No belt slippage even under the most extreme operating conditions
- No belt flapping
- Adaptability of the spring characteristic curve to the engine dynamics.