"Binder Magnete" is part of Kendrion N.V. since 1997
The Business unit "Industrial Drive Systems" once was formed out of the Binder Magnete GmbH in Villingen (Germany).
Today Kendrion develops, produces and markets and electromagnetic brakes as well as clutches for the industrial power transmission. Areas of application for our brakes and clutches are primarily in the areas of robotic and automatic control engineering, machine tool and production machinery as well as medical technology and material handling. electronic components
History & tradition
The traditional brand "Binder" was the starting point for a very successful development of the business unit Industrial Drive Systems.
In the year 1911 the 20-year old Wilhelm Binder founded his first company "W. Binder". In the early 1920s he began to develop and manufacture electromagnetic components, such as clamping devices, safety solenoids, solenoid drums and shift-lock solenoids. The product range was steadily increased, and productions plants were continuously enlarged.
In 1953, the first appearance at the “Hannover Messe” helped to gain international recognition. Over the years, more than 100 patents and utility models were registered.
In 1997, the company was sold to the Dutch group Schuttersveld N.V. – today known as Kendrion N. V.