Kendrion at a glance
Kendrion develops, manufactures and markets high-quality electromagnetic systems and components for industrial and automotive applications. For over a century, we have been engineering precision parts for the world's leading innovators in passenger cars, commercial vehicles and industrial applications. As a leading technology pioneer, Kendrion invents, designs and manufactures complex components and customised systems as well as local solutions on demand.
We are committed to the engineering challenges of tomorrow, and taking responsibility for how we source, manufacture and conduct business is embedded into our culture of innovation. Rooted in Germany, headquartered in the Netherlands and listed on the Amsterdam stock exchange, Kendrion’s expertise extends across Europe to the Americas and Asia. Created with passion and engineered with precision. Kendrion - we magnetise the world.
Our business units
Kendrion is a strongly focused company with one main objective: the development, manufacture and sales of innovative high-quality electromagnetic systems and components. The operations are organised into five market-focused business units:
- Industrial Magnetic Systems: customised solutions for switching, locking, holding and positioning based on electromagnetic technology;
- Industrial Control Systems: industrial automation, locking units and fluid control systems;
- Industrial Drive Systems: full-line provider of electromagnetic brakes and clutches for industrial applications;
- Passenger Cars: electromagnetic and electronic components and systems for specific customer applications in the automotive industry;
- Commercial Vehicles: systems and components for commercial vehicles and off-highway applications with focus on hydraulics, valves and clutches.
Kendrion has implemented a decentralised organisational structure. Each business unit has a number of operating companies in various jurisdictions. The individual business units have a shared strategy to deliver sustainable profitable growth through the three pillars ‘Simplify, Focus, Grow’ and collaborate with the various operating companies in a wide range of fields. In the operating companies, local management is responsible for ascertaining, assessing and managing risks that may affect the implementation of Kendrion’s strategy.