Kendrion is a strongly focused company with one main objective: the development, manufacture and sales of innovative high-quality electromagnetic systems and components. The operations are organised into five market-focused business units:
- Industrial Magnetic Systems: electromagnetic components and solutions for advanced technologies;
- Industrial Control Systems: industrial automation, modular, safety, locking and fluid control systems;
- Industrial Drive Systems: full-line provider of electromagnetic brakes and clutches for industrial applications;
- Passenger Cars: electromagnetic and electronic components and systems for specific customer applications in the automotive industry;
- Commercial Vehicles: individual systems for commercial vehicles and off-highway applications as well as the hydraulic industry.
Each business unit has a number of operating companies in various geographical locations. The organisation has implemented a decentralised structure to promote the company’s agility and decisiveness.
The individual business units have a shared strategy and collaborate with the individual operating companies in a wide range of fields, such as engineering, project management, purchasing, production strategy, marketing and sales. The Executive Board, supported by the Business Unit Managers and some other staff – together the Management Team – takes all significant decisions concerning the strategy and direction of the operations as a whole including the allocation of resources to the individual operating companies. The Management Team, that meets regularly, reviews the financial and operational performance of the business units on the basis of the internal management information and identifies the prevalent best practices to be shared and implemented within Kendrion.
Kendrion strongly encourages motivated local entrepreneurship. Short lines of communication enable managers to respond rapidly and adequately to new developments at their customers or in local markets. Kendrion’s Executive Board performs a coordinating role in the development of the strategy, and is responsible for the acquisition policy.
A number of responsibilities and coordinating activities are entrusted to Kendrion Group Services, such as financing and cash management, reporting and controlling, group taxation, risk management, corporate communications and investor relations, facility management, insurance, IT, human resources management, strategic marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, legal & compliance and corporate governance.